Hi guys! Happy Saturday!
I hope you’ve had a Greaaat week! Hands up who’s excited for the weekend (or just imagine you’re raising your hand if you’re too
lazy busy like me 😀 )
*Ping! Ping! Ping! Whoa! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? NO! It’s 7 BILLION hands!!*
Haha! I knew it! (Psychic or what?)
I mean… 2 WHOLE brilliant days of unlimited fun, no work and relaxation! What’s not to like?!
Random stranger: Oooh! Oooh! I know this one! Pick me! Pick me!
Me: Mm… It’s…
Random stranger: It’s it’s it’s…. I give up.
Me: … a rhetorical question
Random stranger: Hey! That was my next guess!
Anyways… where was I? Aah yes. Whooo!!! Whooo!! I ♥ Saturdays!! Go weekend!! (Yeah I’m like this every week.) However the purpose of this post is not to show off my love for the weekend (which is huge, by the way, if you hadn’t noticed). But to kickstart your weekend with a little something (an exquisite bundle of words for one’s amusement) that I have created using EXTREMELY precise science.
“Was it harrrddd???” I hear you ask. You didn’t?! Meh, I’ll tell you anyway. It’s simple for a proffesional (not like me then 😂!). But I did it! Behold an exciting new post about 8 (yes 8!) ways to be British/ more British/ whatever.
A little birdie told me that quite a lot of you lovely llamas would love to be a good ol’ Brit for a day. Well look no further, your fairy godmother is here! Abracadabra! Alaqazam! What are you waiting for? Let’s go!
8 ways to be British!
- Be overly polite- One must be awfully courteous and well mannered in company. (If one can, one may try and speak in a noble accent but one must not act overly silly unless suitable)
- Get serious about tea- *Massive stereotype alert* All Brits like tea. Green tea. Blue tea. Normal tea. If anyone asks you, “Tea or coffee, ma’am/sir?” You say tea. Even if you don’t.
- Stop calling football ‘soccer’- It’s not soccer alright? It’s FOOOOTTTTBBBAAALLLLL. Say it. Go on; say it. Soccer’s for Americans.
- Remember the phrase: ‘God save the queen’- It’s the only part pf the national anthem I know. But I have a brilliant reason. I’m not actually British! Dunh Dunh Dunh!! I just live there! To be honest, I’m not even sure if there’s anymore but oh well! 😀 😀
- Britian is the BEST- Right, this one do I even need to explain? Whatever your country is, it’s the best (from your point of view). And if you’re British then obviously it’s Britan no matter what anyone says. Even though there are some exceptions.
- Natter about the weather- For British people, talking abould the weather is a great conversation starter! You can complain about it; moan about it AND grumble about it!
- Understand that: If it isn’t raining, it’s a good day!- It rains quite a bit and is often cold. Just try to get used to it and don’t grumble!
- Don’t spell colour without a ‘u’- remember to spell the English way. This isn’t major but hey, if you want to do something you should do it properly!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this! But you know, the simplest way would be to get a British citizenship!
What would you guys add to this list? Would you want to be British? Or from a different country? I’d like to be Mexican or from Texas! 😀 😀